Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to install switchback LEDs today, since the Sylvanias that were in the sockets were flaking off into the housing, which I didn't appreciate. No issue with the previous ones functioning though.

I disassembled my front end, and swapped lights. Didn't install resistors, or anything, just wanted to make sure the lights worked, and I had the polarity right. I go to turn on my parking lights, and one works. The driver side illuminates white as it should, while the passenger side is lit amber. If I throw my hazards on, driver side functions normally, while the passenger side only gets slightly brighter, while still being amber. The dash also shows that the passenger side blinker is constantly on with the parking lights.

I've reversed the lights to check polarity, and swapped lights between each side, so both LEDs do work when in the driver side socket, so that leaves a wiring issue I suppose? I haven't installed resistors to eliminate the hyperflash (which I have in hand), but would installing them eliminate the issue? I'd rather not install them only to find out my wiring is messed up...

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Sounds like you may have an issue with your ground wire on that side or wires getting crossed. Check the ground wire with a tester, also make sure nothing is crossing inside the light socket.

Have you tried putting an old bulb back in to see if it still works properly?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Putting in the standard halogen bulbs works perfectly. Only happening with the LEDs.

I'll check the ground wire later today and see what happens.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm having this issue as well with mine. I wired up some custom LED switchbacks in my headlights and the driver side is working perfectly fine, but the RH side turn signal is lit up as a steady light and shows lit on my dash.

I thought that the issue may be with the General Electronics Module, purposely creating fault since it thinks that ALL of the running light/turn signal bulbs are out. So I wired in resistors to the line for the running light, and into the line for the parking light on the LH side. Still same issue, even with the hyperflash.

When I get home I'm going to wire up the RH side resistors as well to see if that fixes the problem. If not then I'm shit out of ideas.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well that definitely fixed the problem. Took 4 resistors on the front, 2 on each side for the running light and blinker circuits.

The RH blinker on the dash has gone off, however I am still having hyperflash on both sides. Not sure why that is.

Apparently my .gif's aren't working. Oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts