Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i'm dumb....just wonderin kind of a wiring harness or kit for a single din head unit i'm gonna need and where to find one. also wondering if installation is pretty easy or if i should take it to a pro. thanks for the help...

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
To install it you'll need an instalation kit that makes it so a single din radio will fit, get one by sosche (or however you spell it) or metra, that's about $20 and you'll need a wier harness whic is about $10, get the oe for ford years 85-up or whatever, if you want to install it yourself it's not too hard, just be patient and you'll need about 10 16/18 gauge wire butt connectors, a crimper, a wire stripper, and you should be good, from there you just conect the wires form the hu to the wire harness, color coded, not too hard.

- Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
could anyone be able to get me some part numbers for either metra or scosche wiring kits and harnesses and antenna adapters, so that i know i'm getting exactly what i need??

·
Registered
838 Posts
I hate that adapter because you can't get AM. I live in seattle and the traffic reports are on AM

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts