Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys?! First time posting to this forum. I've been a Lightning guy for several years, but I've only recently added an SVTF to the vehicle line up. This is actually my second, I just swapped a '04 Sonic Blue for an Orange EAP this weekend (let me know if someone's looking for a blue though....guy's looking to sell). This one should have quite the upside (and the orange looks SWEET), I've just got to work out some...issues. That's where you guys come in:
Apparently this car sat for a while and had the stereo stolen out of it while it during that time. Beyond that, whoever wired some of the aftermarket parts (like a pushbutton starter......on a manual....kind silly, but I digress) did a...less than stellar job. So what I have no are issues that SEEM to be centered around the wire cluster behind the stereo.
Soon after I got the car, the gauges quit working and no interior lights worked. Later, after messing with the stereo, I found that the gauges worked...but would all/ONLY come on when I turned on the headlights (found this by mistake acutally). When that was occurring, I would turn on the headlights, gauges would power up, dome lights on, stereo on (My dad had a spare Audiophile...it's in only for the purpose of being able to listen to the radio while I work). Crazy, right?! However, later, after finagling with the radio, now the gauges don't work again.
Another issue, last night, I went to fire it up after having put new plugs in and changed the oil. When I did, I noticed that the starter seemed to turn...longer than I expected. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but, when I went to put the car in gear, I depressed the clutch, AND THE STARTER KICKED ON, as though I was turning the key over. I then realized, upon starting it that time, I never even had to push the pushbutton start in, so SOMEHOW those wires are contacting each other now.
Like I said, this thing will need some work, and I'm hoping someone on here who may know something about the wiring of these may be able to help. Anyone that may have and be able to provide a wiring diagram would be GREATLY appreciated.

Here's to hoping you guys can be as helpful as guys in the Lightning community!

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Moved to "General Technical Chat". Not to sure where it is, but I do remember seeing a wiring diagram some where on here before. Maybe someone has it copied and can post it here for you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gauge issue is a balast of sorts behind the oil pressure gauge, I think it's a $10 part and a week to wire in, if you locate it let me know in that I still need to do mine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It may be possible to go to your public library - many of them subscribe to Alldata and you can login to it there and find the pages you want then print them off.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
The main battery cables run down to the starter, they can melt at the plastic interface that bolts onto the starter to do that. I would be yanking that remote starter switch too just to clarify things.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts