Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I priced out the harness from frpp that converts the zts and zx3-5 fog light harness to an SVT fog light. $50.00.... each.

So... I went to the autoparts store determined to wire the things myself, ghetto-style. When I was there, I stumbled upon a generic harness that works with most ford headlight applications... INCLUDING the SVT front bumper fogs. Much cleaner and better install than wiring it myself, and the harnesses cost all of $4.00 a pop. It slides right into the lights. The fit is a little snug, but i'll take it.. it's also waterproof.

I just wanted to post because I looked for this info on the forum and couldn't find any info on this.

So for all you foci owners looking to buy yourself an SVT front and put it on, don't sweat the fog wiring.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Nice tip, sure that'll come in handy here [thumb]

btw I told Tony and Brad that you were happy with their work. They said to make sure I tell you thanks!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They did EXCELLENT work. [thumb]

If anyone in the Michigan metro detroit or ann arbor area is looking for a great bodyshop, i'd highly recommend them.

Ann Arbor Collision Ctr
907 N Main St, Ann Arbor, MI
(734) 662-5546

·
Registered
572 Posts
how about some pics of the harness? what autoparts store did you find them at?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll put pics up in a few days.

I found the fog light socket at Murray's, a local auto chain here in Michigan (not sure if they have them elsewhere), but you can probably get them at any auto parts store.

The sockets didn't specifically list fog lights as part of their application. It stated it was for most Ford headlights. The socket design was pretty cool. One of the contacts was designed with a wide hole and a spring that would adjust the metal contact to a range of ford light applications.

To wire it up, I just cut off my old sockets and spliced the wires on the new ones with quick connects. I then waterproofed it with liquid electrical tape.

·
Registered
572 Posts
cool.. if i could just see a pic of the plug then that would help tremendously

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
I didn't have Foglights so i had to have them wired. I also had to buy a Foglight switch. But the plugs are different for a non-SVT than it is for a SVT. Focuson03 did the wiring for me. I had to buy some pigtails that plugged into the Foglights. The part # is 1U2Z-14S411-FA. When i ordered it, they said it was for a foglight off a Ford F-150, which it very well could be. I can post up some pics here shortly......

·
Registered
572 Posts
thanks. pics would help a ton.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts