Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have purchased an Alpine PDX-F4 Amp, and i want to run it to my four door speakers because that would just be awesome.

MY PROBLEM:

The wiring for my doors are not straight wires. its wire then a pin system then wire to the speakers.. so i do not know how to wire the speaker wire from the amp to the speakers because it is all sealed in this pin contraption.

I have spent alot of money on my speakers and my amp and really want this to work i do not want to sell everything. PLEASE HELP :) thanks in advanced

focus4life[:)]

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I've always run the wires behind the head unit, and connected them to the factory harness there with the adapter.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i had the same problem in my ZX4. what i did was take the stock wires that come out of the head unit, and connect them to the wires that you will connect to the amp. You dont have to go through any of the doors for this.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was Thinking about doing what you suggested i know ive read that before in some forum, the only thing that was holding me back is that the amplifier and speakers have alot of power and i figured that if i could use all good speaker wire and no factory stuff that i would get a lot more out of my products... thanks alot though guys.

but if anyone that has read this has done what i was suggesting i would LOVE you hear how you did it :)

thanks again everyone (L)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts