Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to wire my new Bel RX65 into the rearview mirror power and ground leads. Anyone have a procedure or a wiring diagram?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Think if you do a search you'll find someone already wired one up and identified all the wires. Sorry, I remember reading the thread a few weeks ago but don't have a link.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I used the power feed to the sunroof. I believe it was white with a blue tracer. Anyway just probe the connector with the key off and on to find the one that is switched.

Note: the power doesn't go off immediately when you turn the key off, there is a delay of a few seconds.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I wish I could do this here. Radar Detectors are illegal in Ontario, which is interesting because when certain driving seasons start or end the cops stop fighting crime and become tax collectors in FORCE.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I used the power feed to the sunroof. I believe it was white with a blue tracer. Anyway just probe the connector with the key off and on to find the one that is switched.

Note: the power doesn't go off immediately when you turn the key off, there is a delay of a few seconds.
If you wire it into the rearview mirror the power doesn't shut off at all.

That was my topic (I wired mine in to the reaview mirror).

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3727339

Basically just ended up doing all the voltage testing myself and figuring out which wire is which. Problem is I can't just tell you which they are, because they seem to be different colors and in somewhat different positions depending on which way you look at it (the connector is free-floating in the rain-sensing wiper module). Overall, including doing voltage testing, it only took about an hour total.

I think there's even a picture in the thread of how it looks now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts