Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, what's the best way to wire a DVC sub? I have a stereo amplifier. It's 428watts bridged mono at 4 ohms stable. It's 214watts stereo at 2 ohms stable. It's 107 watts stereo at 4 ohms stable. I'm hooking it up to a 400watt rms 4ohm DVC sub, 200 watts per coil. What's the best way to go about this, bridge the amp and wire up the coils together, or go 2ohms stable and hook up each coil to each side of the amp.

·
Registered
253 Posts
bridge the amp to a single channel then you have a choice, running running the sub in series or parrallel. parrallel will hit harder . to do it you run positive from the amp to both positives then the negatives to both negatives. thats it. i have my rockford 250.2 two channel which is running at 424 watts to all channels bridged then ran my JVC warren G sub parrallel. should work fine. hope that helps good luck. oh yea my rockfard when bridged becomes a 2 ohm stable and it works fine so far after 2 years having it like that. be careful because some amps can't handle that low of a ohm rating and will stain it till it dies. so do it at your own risk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts