Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have access to the ford database for wire diags. If there is any diagrams that you want for the car let me know and - i hope that it wont blow out of controle but i will post anything you need.

If you post for a diag sheet, i will prolly just host it on a geocity page if its a PDF.

When asking please give me everything about your car important things are

VIN (if you want to post or PM) it helps a lot

Transmission Type
Exact Engine Type (ZTEC,PZEV,STI) ETC....
any major options like ABS/Traction Control,
Audo Package Type

all of this stuff just makes it faster to find things. Also not 100% sure on my forgen focus car support is but know my USA is 100%

Example Diag located here
http://www.geocities.com/kellykeeton/2005/interior/electrical/audio/speaker.jpg

2005 site here
http://www.geocities.com/kellykeeton/

Requested Info here
http://www.geocities.com/kellykeeton/wirediag/index.htm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dont know if you will be able to help

Dont know if you will be able to help me but i have a 2000 Ford Focus SE automatic with a ztech engine and i need help i am installing a Viper alarm 791vx and well i dont know where half of the wires go theres so so many in that car Please help mabe you know where to get one for theat car and that alarm system

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey whats the Lock Motor and power lock arnt they the same or is lock motor diffrent i have no idea alod it says on some of them drivers kick pallel is it meaning the wires beside the fuse boxs of are they alot lower down

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have never done an alarm install so not sure but the way i woudl tackle it is to check what pulses on pressing the button with a multimeter one might jsut be the in door motor and one might be the switch

the location is the giand D-Block that is next to where your left foot is (in US car)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hrm, not seeing that ...i can get the wire color and where they go but thats a lot of peperwork. but gimmie or PM me which car your wondering about and get me the info and i will look thru fords paperwork on the topic and see what i can do

realise that the documentation store is for dealerships and repair shops, Soooo having a pinout isnt something that a repair guy would use, since he works with only OEM he is jsut concerned with having a ford harness plug into a ford computer, people like scoshe, roushe, cosworth woudl be the people that pay ford to work with a engineer to get documents like that.

but i will do all that i can.

VIN (if you want to post or PM) it helps a lot

Transmission Type
Exact Engine Type (ZTEC,PZEV,STI) ETC....
any major options like ABS/Traction Control,
Audo Package Type

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am trying to find out what wire numbers that come out of the PCM and into the Clutch Position Switch. It is for a 2000 zx3 manual. Vin number won't help because I am swapping a manual tranny for the auto that came with the car.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Spudgunman: I am in need of your help...

2003, ford focus equipped with duratec 2.3l and mp3 blaupaunkt cd player.

I installed an amp and ran the remote wire to pin 1 on the bottom connecter for the mp3 unit. Under hand braking my electrical system shorted out.

All fuses on the amp, power-wire, and engine bay are fine.

a gauge TEST mode, was hesitant to do a gauge sweep. and pushing the trip button several times showed 9359 dtc.

Ignition Run / ACC circuit failure -- says a google search.

did i make a relay go kablooey? All help is extremely appreciated.
PM me please.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
Spudgunman: I am in need of your help...

2003, ford focus equipped with duratec 2.3l and mp3 blaupaunkt cd player.

I installed an amp and ran the remote wire to pin 1 on the bottom connecter for the mp3 unit. Under hand braking my electrical system shorted out.

All fuses on the amp, power-wire, and engine bay are fine.

a gauge TEST mode, was hesitant to do a gauge sweep. and pushing the trip button several times showed 9359 dtc.

Ignition Run / ACC circuit failure -- says a google search.

did i make a relay go kablooey? All help is extremely appreciated.
PM me please.
Could you give me a step by step procedure how you found this dtc code? I know it has something to do with the trip button :)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Test Mode
The digital odometer in your car can actually serve multiple functions when in "Test" mode. it'll tell you your speed (In either KPH or MPH), RPM, engine temperature, and a several other nice bits of data that you might prefer to see in digital form.
Step 1
With the car off and the key out of the ignition, push and hold the trip odometer reset button.
Step 2
Start the car (or just turn the key to the "on" position) while still holding the reset button.
Step 3
After a few seconds, the odometer will read "Test". You may let go of the reset button at this point.
Step 4
Use the reset button to toggle through all the choices. They aren't labeled, so a little common sense is needed. (I.E. If one choice reads anywhere between 650-800 at idle, that's probably your tach)
Step 5
"Test" mode will continue until the car is shut off. Once the car is restarted, the odometer will go back to the original odometer screen you're familiar with viewing. Note: Each time you enter "Test" mode, your trip odometer will reset itself.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@ exsodius: unless something is broken the tests arnt much info thats usefull just sort of cool

@Foci

i have put up allo the diags for the ignition in your car located here . as for the DTC code i can only pull codes form the PCM i guess they are different codes on teh dash vs. the OBD2 if the diags dont help you then let me know and i will call up my bro for some help for ya.

check out the switch picture i posted, there is a relay and a fuse that you might want to check.

is your car starting? the fact that you can pull codes from the console indicates that you might not be fried.

as for the fact that you said when you hand breaked you mean you pulled the emergency break and it all died? you sure a wire isnt loose that caused this?

also you attached it to a wire. did you overload a fuse, when dooing this method you speek of to power on a amp you want to attach it to the ACC 12v

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.