Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the stickied thread above has three harnesses but none of those match that of the 2008 with sync. I need to splice the front speakers to an LOC. Does anyone know what colors they are? I've found a few forum posts on other sites but nothing reputable. Someone with a manual or diagram would Really help! thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Worst case scenario, take the door panels off and check the wire color? Since im pretty sure your previous thread has the correct wire colors.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front speaker wires that are behind the HU are:

Front Left (+/-) = white - white/brown
Front Right (+/-) = white/purple - white/orange
Thanks for the quick reply. Everything seemed to go as planned with those colors

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And this was the previous thread I was talking about. I beleive it was for the ZX3.

Speaker Wire Colors
Courtesy of LiquidGrayZX5

Pin --- Color --- Stripe --- Function

Harness 1

1 --- White --- Black --- Left front +
2 --- Gray --- Black --- Left front -
3 --- White --- Purple --- Left rear +
4 --- Gray --- White --- Left rear -
5 --- White --- Red --- Right front +
6 --- Gray --- Red --- Right front -
7 --- White --- (none) --- Right rear +
8 --- Gray --- (none) --- Right rear -

Harness 2

1 --- (not used)
2 --- Black --- Green --- Radio Ground
3 --- (not used)
4 --- Orange (thin) --- Black --- Radio Illumination
5 --- Green --- Yellow --- Radio switch
6 --- Black --- Yellow --- Radio Ground
7 --- Orange (thick) --- Black --- Radio 12V

Harness 3

1 --- White --- Green --- Speed sensor
2 --- (not used)
3 --- (not used)
4 --- (not used)
5 --- (not used)
6 --- (not used)

The speed sensor wire is for the Speed controlled volume feature of these radios. I have no earthly idea why there are two different ground wires (black/green, black/yellow), but that is the way it is.

The reason I just asked is because I just got the door panels back on with everything wired in. I just didn't think to check the HU colors. Rookie mistake.

·
Registered
296 Posts
quick question...why are you pulling from the fronts for an LOC? rears would be much more desirable (ESPECIALLY WITH SYNC) because sync does not use the rear speakers during phone calls and id hate to hear what its going to sound like with a sub booming to someones voice during a phone call.

·
Registered
99 Posts
quick question...why are you pulling from the fronts for an LOC? rears would be much more desirable (ESPECIALLY WITH SYNC) because sync does not use the rear speakers during phone calls and id hate to hear what its going to sound like with a sub booming to someones voice during a phone call.
If the sub is set up and crossed over properly there should be nothing at all coming from it on a call.

·
Registered
296 Posts
true, but why even run the risk when you can connect into the rears and not even have a signal to them during a call?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sub is on the rears on the infinitys are on the front. Running separate LOCs until I wire in an MTX Q5 or just get an aftermarket HU and harnesses for Sync. So no problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts