Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new...

That being said, I'm running into an odd problem with the wipers on my 03 ZX5. IIt's happened before, and had it repaired under warranty, but now it's happening again.

Basically, the wipers will not park themselves automatically. If I shut them off at any point, they just stop wherever that is. If I push the stalk down for the single wipe, the wipers stop as soon as I let it up. In intermittent mode, they will basically work normally, but in the interval between wipes the blades will "drift" upwards (further if I'm going faster). The rear wiper works fine.

Anyone seen this before? I'm not too worried about it; just trying to figure out to soothe my curiosity. Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 04 zts. Got it repaired under warranty too, and the problem as not returned. I don't know what is happening. If I remember correctly, I think they told me it was a wiper relay problem.

·
Registered
2017 Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 2003 Focus ZTW
270 Posts
I've had this problem with both the front and rear (wagon) wiper. It's the relay that's mounted on the fuse panel assembly. In my case there's 2 of them. I cleaned the contacts once and it's actually doing it right now once in a while. I have them ordered at the dealer along with a motor mount. They told me they were about $11.00 each.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Its the intermittent wiper relay, which as stated above is in the interior panel. It's a cheap part and easy to replace. Its a common problem on the Focus, happened to mine. I THINK though I'm not positive its the R17 relay, double check with the owner's manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts