Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was raining last night and I switched the wipers on, on the first sweep they both got stuck in the up position and refuse to budge. I can hear the motor still working and they twitch a bit when they should move.

I can manually move them back down, but the process just repeats, and if I put them back in the wrong order they can switch themselves up no problem.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had a feeling these wipers would be problems... They are way too complex in how they operate, what with 3 different resting positions, and separate motors...

Best bet is to take it to the dealer, there's clearly a problem with them.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, so one example makes the whole system problematic, what about the thousands of cars that don't?
Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So in case anyone is interested...
Took it in today, apparently the wipers were "out of sync", so they reprogrammed them.
No real indication of what caused it or if it will happen again. Which doesn't really leave me gleaming with confidence, given that it's kinda a safety issue.

And for the heck of it, I had them do the TSB for the transmission. I didn't really have any huge issue with it before, but I must say the car has a much more predictable acceleration curve now, so gold star for them on that one.

·
Registered
468 Posts
So in case anyone is interested...
Took it in today, apparently the wipers were "out of sync", so they reprogrammed them.
No real indication of what caused it or if it will happen again. Which doesn't really leave me gleaming with confidence, given that it's kinda a safety issue.

And for the heck of it, I had them do the TSB for the transmission. I didn't really have any huge issue with it before, but I must say the car has a much more predictable acceleration curve now, so gold star for them on that one.
According to what I've heard, the programing is so smart that they auto sync themselves, regardless of where you put them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsGtaT3U0ug Apparently they can be as confused as I am.[giddy]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts