Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a novice when it comes to fixing things on cars but I am learning.

Recently, my wiper motor and linkage went on my 07' Focus SE. I just replaced them both but my wipers are now stopping in the upright position.

I was told that I may have installed the motor backwards, but I don't think I did because I was able to put everything back in it's respective "home."

I've tried to take the wiper arms off when they were parked in the upright position and put them where they should be but when turned on, the wipers wanted to go down instead of up. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Remove the wiper arms. Put a piece of tape on the splined wiper arm pivot points that mimics the wiper arm position. Figure out where the 180 sweep of the wiper starts and ends by observing the tape. Reposition the tape and retest. Reattach the arms once you figure it out.

I suspect your wiper arm position is simply out by 180 degrees if it attempts to "wipe your hood". (Is that what you mean by "wipers want to go down instead of up"?) Are you sure you remember which side of the windshield the wipers normally park on?

What was originally wrong with your wiper motor and linkage?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
question did you have the motor separated from the arms..

if you did then the spindle that drives the arms is flipped 180 degrees you will need to pull the arms off run the wipers till they park, then pull the plastics to expose the wiper arms you will see the offset arm on the motor its bolted to the drive of the motor assembly ( see pic below where the nut is, ignore the arrow) remove the nut pull the arm off and spin that arm 180 on the drive then reassemble. it should reset the position to its proper position

1 - 3 of 3 Posts