Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Ford Focus 2005 (new shape) 1.4 petrol zetec 3dr with a wiper problem. I'll start at the beginning. The wipers started to have a mind of their own, work & not work. Then they stopped altogether. My local mechanic (not ford main dealer) changed the wiper motor & relay, but it didn’t work. Finally through a process of elimination we discovered the central fuse box (or GEM module) was corroded (I’ve since found out, by a ford main dealer, that this is a common problem with this focus model). I had no choice but to get a fuse box supplied & fitted by a ford main dealer (got second hand one but didn’t work, others had difference codes etc, etc) it cost €450! Collected car from ford & after a few days I noticed that the wipers work fine when the car is moving but stop working when the car is stopped. I went back to ford and they never heard of this problem. I asked could it be the fuse box & they said “unlikely”. Before I spend more money has anyone experience this problem. Can anyone help please?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts