Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The jet for the wiper fluid does not work on my car. It started on my way up to Minneapolis where I have just moved. I thought it might be that the washer fluid was freezing in the nozzle so I cleaned off the ice and used a wire as probe to break up anything inside. There did not seem to be any resistance and the washer fluid in the reservoir is not frozen. A friend suggested that the fuse responsible for the washer fluid pump might be bad but the owner's manual does not specify which fuse is responsible for the pump. The closest I can find is fuse location 56 for front wipers. However, if the fuse was blown on that, the wipers wouldn't work either, but they do. I would like to try to solve this problem without taking it to a shop. Does anyone have any ideas what to do next? or what to look for?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You're in my boat, in my state, hi.

Key on car not running, wipers in the up position, push the squirt button and listen for the motor to run. If the motor doesn't run you know it's an issue there. If the motor runs but nothing shoots out (at you) you know it's a blockage somewhere (pull the line at the motor and blow air through it).

In my case it's a dead (maybe froze solid) motor. I have to fix and thanks for reminding me of that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts