Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 ZX3 and it only has a one position delay other than the normal on and hight speed.

Is there a mod to update it to a control that has more than one delay speed ?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
you could do it, but i dont think it be worth the time and money. you have to get a swith from another focus that has the delay and wire the system up.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Heck, it's the easiest and cheapest mod I've done, and one of the ones I like the best.
I was about to send you to British American Transfer, but when I checked they discontinued the switch.
Next best bet is to check in with Mike at the Hilbish Ford Forum on here...
I think mine was about $35 (a few years ago), and there's no messing with the wiring...

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
All the timing is in the switch itself. But you did make me remember something, The OP should make sure to get the switch from the hatch and not a sedan - sedan switch won't be wired for a rear wiper...
If you can find a switch it's less than 10 minutes to swap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd love a new delay for the wipers, they are totally useless as they are, only car I have ever had without a delay. Thanks for the info I'll diffidently look into this!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I bought a delay wiper stalk from Massive for around 50 dollars. I've seen them a little cheaper, but I was sure that theirs was the correct part. It was well worth the money anyways. There are two different ones, the one for the ZX4 doesn't have the rear wiper circuit. You might be able to get one from a dealer also, it had a Ford p/n.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Stealth, I have to order an ignition switch from Mike, so I will ask him about the switch.

Kewl
LeftyMax [cheers]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts