Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're under 6', you probably aren't affected by the OEM blade length.....on the driver side. Well I'm almost 6'5", so my line of sight is through the upper top of the wind-shield. And the blades that came with my Focus did not cut it....the driver side seemed to be too short. My blades were 22"x18".......and there was an uncleaned area that was an aggravation.

So I first tried a set of ANCO Contour blades 24x18......they worked ok, but I still wasn't satisfied.

So....I'm now using a set of Michelin Radius blades 26x16". I think this is it. The upper wipe line of the driver blade is within 1 1/2" of the top viewable edge of the windshield......and greatly improves my vision in the rain. I wonder what you other tall guys are using?

·
Registered
889 Posts
lol thats a wierd combo 26-16 :) im using 16' for the rear over 15' stock, but fronts are fine 22-19 i think is stock

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
My brother did the same thing on his truck but had to use a 14" on the passenger side to make it fit. I've heard of worse even.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm 6'8" and I think I have 22/19, whatever the stock is.

It rains .5 times a year here in southern california so it's not such a big deal to me :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
man...

ive got stocks... i just recline the seat back :p

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Compared to other cars I've owned, this Focus has many blind spots......I'd like all the visibility I can get, at all times, from a normal seating position. No big deal to replace wiper blades. Here's what the wipe pattern looks like now...

The passenger side blade could be 1" longer at the top of the pattern with an 18" blade. But with the 26x16" combo that's on there now I gained 2" at the top edge of the driver side. It's much more comfortable to drive in the rain now....I don't have to peer through an unwiped upper edge.

Depends how picky you are I guess.....[wave]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts