Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I turn my wipers on, the wiper blade hits the windshield seal on the passenger side and has finally broke the seal. (Well, it's more of a cover for the edge of the windshield). Does anyone know what the part number for that piece is, so I can get it replaced? I looked in a couple of places, but didn't come up with much.
I thought I would try a shorter wiper blade to see if it would keep it from hitting the edge, but it didn't make a difference.
Is there a way to adjust how far the wiper blade can travel before returning?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Whenever I turn my wipers on, the wiper blade hits the windshield seal on the passenger side and has finally broke the seal. (Well, it's more of a cover for the edge of the windshield). Does anyone know what the part number for that piece is, so I can get it replaced? I looked in a couple of places, but didn't come up with much.
I thought I would try a shorter wiper blade to see if it would keep it from hitting the edge, but it didn't make a difference.
Is there a way to adjust how far the wiper blade can travel before returning?
You have to reprogram the wiper motors... err the dealer*

·
Registered
179 Posts
Where does the wiper sit when it's down? Is it low enough, or does it sit a little high? You might be able to pull the wiper arm, and put it back on a little lower.

·
Registered
15,428 Posts
I have never seen a wiper setup that could not have the wiper arms re-indexed to a more correct timing by simply removing them and putting them in a slightly different place to retime the stop or extreme travel position. Per post #3. The arms generally fit on splines and makes it easy to move them a little bit.

On at least the earlier ones you simply remove the nut under the cover and pop the wiper arm loose and move it slightly and bolt it back down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried moving the wiper arm and it spins fairly easily and can go way below the bottom of the glass. I think the post about reprogramming might be the correct answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts