Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah. Winter's here.

Yes. We got ~6" of snow last night.
No. The parking lot at work wasn't plowed when I got there this morning.
Yes. I went powersliding.
Yes. It was awesome.

Throw up some winter stories, good or bad of your own, and any plans you have for some fun or some work for your car this coming season! We all know we get hit just about as bad as anywhere else in the nation when it comes to snow and cold, so there's gotta be something special out there you do.

I'm going ice-driving in my friends STi (something we've done since he owned it). He's got a ton of land up in WI with a lake that can support several cars at once. It's nice to throw some barbs on the tires and just let that thing rip across a slick surface. I *might* take the Focus up this year just for shits and giggles, but I'd still spend most of my time in the Subie.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Got about 2-2.5 in Norridge. Not too bad just had to adjust to driving in the snow again, and my all seasons aren't here yet. Kinda happy and sad to see the car covered in snow. Hoping to actually avoid any "stories" this year around, but I will be powersliding.[deviltail]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Got some pretty good ice here. If we don't have school tomorrow, I'll go out and have some fun [:D]

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
well i tried sliding around a corner and then i lost control and hit two mailboxes. got a scratch on my focus :[

it was only 4 houses away from my house too.. atleast the neighbors were cool with it, although i might have to fix up a few mailboxes

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^find an empty parking lot to screw around in not public roads....

i personally hit up walmarts or our campus parking lot...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
We've got flurries so far. I can't wait for some good snow for some snonuts.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
A few years ago a friend and I were bored and I was in my beater '82 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale. He had a mid 90's Thunderbird.

We went to an empty parking lot and did some donuts. It was all fun and games until I stalled out my car. I got scared, and we left...

Same car, leaving a Taco Bell. Tried to go one way, did a 180 and ended up going the other way.

Those stories are more exciting in my head than they are typed out here...

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
last time i went all out doing doughnuts in a parkinglot (not here at school) i was a passenger and the driver and i ended up handcuffed in the back of a cop car...

the men clearing the other end of the parking lot in their bobcat and front loaders felt their "lives were in harms way" by my buddies nissan 240sx was going to kill them..... it was weak as hell being cuffed for a few doughnuts... he got a hella fine and we both got an apology for how we were treated because my buddy filmed them cuffing us in a not so pleasant way...

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Two weeks ago when I traveled from Cincinnati to Charlotte (Focus Power) to pick up my SVT, we drove through the mountains of West Virginia. Driving up and down mountains in the middle of the night and snowing to beat the ban is not something I wish to do again! Short story but you get my idea!

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
well i got some winter wheels now. they are really nice 14's on steelies, and i picked up the set for $375. i think they are great, and tonite a few friends of mine and i went out and had fun in some parking lots. these things are great. they are great for normal winter driving and have great traction/handling, but i can also make them fun at my will. i did alot of ebraking tonite and lemme tell you.. it was fun :] im starting to like winter with these wheels..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts