Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was hanging out with Kevin and Mr Kfokus jr.(who doesn't seem to know what think of me.), and we established a most wonderful idea, technically 2.

Either do a Snow Tubing thing, so that everyone with small children can enjoy the event.

Or a mountain trip at Ski Liberty so that the big kids can play.

We can even do 2 events here, but groups mean "Group Rates", and who isn't cheap nowadays?

Just thought it may be a fun idea.

Those Interested:
Chaz
Kevin
Ridindirtyzx3
Bill & most likely family
Ken
Brian(Racer)
Brian(Ricer) Wasn't sure by his response, added anyway.
Ashron
"DICK"
Whitefox
Troy

·
Registered
536 Posts
this sounds like a great idea!!! i would def. do this. id rather go snow tubing, since i cant ski and am terrible at snowboarding... but ill do whatever

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Snow tubing isn't a bad idea, everyone can do that, only some of us snowboard , etc.

It would be fun for EVERYONE, maybe a good January cold butt G2G?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Awesome, either way works for me, Just gotta break out the old board if we do a snowboarding meet [thumb]

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
I wouldnt be able to bring baby tubing anyways.
ANd I didnt get to snowboard at all last year.
SO my vote is for a snowboarding g2g.
We could even meet at my house, and drive up to liberty en mass.

But i would be down for some tubing so whatevers clever.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Both ideas sound good to me, but if I have to choose one it would be to snowboard.

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, that's the glory of winter, plenty of time to do both, a tubing g2g and a ski/snowboard g2g, I think only Roundtop has the tubing thing though, not sure if Liberty does it yet.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
no way in hell do you want to see me in a low traction environment. You'd see me in a full carhardt suit wearing a lot of cal trans orange so you can see where I fell to, I'd have to get my ice creepers out.

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bust out my carharts for the winter too.

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
Ian: "You'd see me in a full carhardt suit wearing a lot of cal trans orange so you can see where I fell to"
I can picture it now.. my fat arse sitting at the bottom of the hill (cuz i cant ski or snowboard) seeing some orange shi-t come flying down the hill... Dont worry Ian I'll find ya.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I can picture it now.. my fat arse sitting at the bottom of the hill (cuz i cant ski or snowboard) seeing some orange shi-t come flying down the hill... Dont worry Ian I'll find ya.
LMAO!!!! Holy shit I just pictured this in my head, holy [:)][:)][:)][:)] this is gonna be another one of them classics I see it now [80?] [rofl] [ffrocks]

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Ian, Brian, its fine. The tubing place has a nice "lodge" next to it, where you can sit indoors and drink hot cocoa and watch other people slide down till you get the courage to try. ;).. Ian, you might need a locator beacon as well. I know what you mean. I can just picture the guys that work there..." Man, I"ve never seen anyone go through THERE before"....as long as we don't let him have a golf club.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
^Then that's where I'll be then, sitting inside, drinking hot cocoa IF we decide to do this. I will tube but no skiing or snowboarding for me. KTHANX.

Where is this place located at?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
About 45 minutes from my house, towards gettyburg sort-of....Its on the way to the hang gliding spot I have had Ashron to. The tubing is fun and doable by anyone. The have a pull line that takes you to the top, and the stopping area is huge...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've seen that before. They have those at Blackwater Falls up in the cabin area.

Coolio. This sounds like fun (as long as we keep the snow out of our cracks.)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've Never Been Snowboarding Before, But Have Always Been Interested. So If Anyone Wants To Lend Me A Board And Have A Video Camera Ready. Should Be Alot Of Laughs

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
John they typically have a learn to Ride program that get you a rental, lesson and limited lift ticket. The limited lift ticket is bad and good, it’s bad since your stuck on the beginner slope good in that you won’t kill yourself on the bigger slope. I’m not the best rider in the world but I have taught people how to ride be for so I could give you pointers. Once I’m done with you crazy Kevin can take you in the snowboard park and teach you how to get mad air.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
You dont know how many times i have heard crazy and kevin in the same sentance before.lol.

Im still laughing at Ian and Brians posts.

Yeah John I will def have teh video camera charged, gonna have to get a spare battery for this.
Seems like we should plan a tubing/snowboarding g2g for late jan. early feb.

And if we do it at roundtop...those that are scared...i mean smart...can do tubing. And the 'MEN' ... i mean those that want... can go snowboarding...and risk potential injury.

All at the same mountain.
Tomorrow (when i get home before 9:30pm) I will call and get some info for us.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
And if we do it at roundtop...those that are scared...i mean smart...can do tubing. And the 'MEN' ... i mean those that want... can go snowboarding...and risk potential injury.
I would be one of the "smart" ones on the tubing slope. I have already done the injury thing while skiing - $48,000 and 10 months rehab for ACL reconstruction on a knee.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts