Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove a F-150 for the past few years so I didn't bother getting winter wheels but with moving back home to Ohio down in them hills, the SES 17's won't do to well with the roads...

So i was looking for a winter setup for my '10 and on Tire Rack there are
195/60R15 Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 I have heard these are pretty boss. Are they?

Secondly they also have some steelies, over all the package for wheels and tires would be $564.00 would it be worth it or should I find a junked Focus and see if it has steel wheels?

One last thing do I have to get the TPMS?

Over all with the wheels, rims, and sensors it'll be $848.35 is that a good deal?

and yes you can make fun of me.[duh]

·
Registered
190 Posts
No one will be making fun of you on here! You're asking good questions :)

I'll voice in on the TPMS question. You don't have to get TPMS sensors but be aware that a warning light will stay illuminated on the dashboard and there is usually a chime when you start the car. There is no harm to the vehicle if you don't get the sensors and it has no bearing on the traction control or ABS.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Well, if no one else will, then I'll make fun of you. j/k. Your questions aren't that bad.

I can't tell you how good the Blizzaks are but I have heard all good about them. That said, I run Winterforce tires on my car and they work great for a much lower cost (at least I think they are cheaper). Furthermore, if you aren't worried about the TPMS, then run to a salvage yard and see if you can grab any rims from there. I can get them from my local yard for $25 a rim, and if your lucky, you can get alloys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts