Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at snow tires and rims for the Focus. I have 18" rims with PS3's on them. Most likely will go with 16" snows.

I will probably go Bridgestone Blizzaks. I may get steel rims with hub caps. (Do people say "hub cap" any more ) Seems like "hub cap" and "used car" are terms not in favor any more.

Any suggestions? Does Tire Rack give us a discount?

·
Registered
190 Posts
gtncpa, please refer to this link for winter package questions:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268174

I personally prefer the Blizzaks but many options will do well.

Unfortunately I don't have any discount to offer since we offer our best cost up front. If I can help you set something up please let me know.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the info. I had Blizzaks before and I loved them. If I go with 16" will they be the same overall diameter as my 18" stock wheels? I am not looking to recalibrate my speedo.

Any idea about pricing? If I buy them now, I probably will, and you have a sale on them in a month or so I will be kicking myself. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping when Tire Rack recommends a replacement wheel and tire combo on their website, they take that into consideration. I think they do.

Mr. Tire Rack? Is that true?

Thx for the website link geezer!

·
Registered
190 Posts
It sure is. We like to recommend tires that keep the overall diameter within 3% of the original size. In your case either a 195/60R16 or 215/55R16 would be appropriate to maintain the overall diameter.

We are offering quite a few rebates currently for people looking to buy a winter tire set as an early incentive. You can use the sticky link on the forum to see all the current specials. For the Blizzaks it would be a $50 mail-in rebate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts