Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 16 in wheels on my 05 focus. I was looking for some steel wheels for winter and I found a set of 14s on craigslist from a 2000 focus and was wondering if they will fit fine on my car. Basically want to know if there will be any clearance problems with the brakes. I would imagine since they were on a focus that the bolt pattern and offset should be correct already. Thank you.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems. Outside of Svt's (the smallest they can fit is 16"), any focus rims regardless of size should have no problems switching between model years 2000-2011.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. What was screwing me up is that I know as of 05, 15in wheels became standard and you couldn't get 14s on them anymore so who knows of Ford decided to throw bigger brakes on as well. I don't even know if I need snow tires. I drove my Jeep last winter in 2wd most of the time. But I would rather have them instead of being screwed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I disagree. The 15'' is typically the smallest you can run without having the shave the caliper to make it work. Unless the steelies have a very unusually large barrel taper I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I said, I know the focus lx sedans came with 14in standard. In 05 they came with 15s standard are the front brakes are slightly larger. I guess no one has tried 14s on an 05-07.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts