Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are all you guys using for winter tires. I have several choices.

1. 185-65-14 Artic Alpins = $640cnd including steel rims.
2. 185-60-14 Goodyear ultra Ice $677cnd including steel rims.
3. 195-60-15 Goodyear Ultra GW2 $828cnd including steel rims.
4. 195-60-15 Goodyear Ultra GW3 $828cnd including steel rims. Maybe hard to get.
5. 195-60-15 Nokian Hakkapeliitta 2 $803cnd including steel rims. Not including shipping.

Which of these do you think I should pick. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just ordered 185/70R14 Kumho I Zens on 14" steel wheels from the Tirerack for $400 US shipped.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nokian Hakka is one of the best snow tires around. They are very popular in the US northeast, especially around ski country, for good reason. But if you don't really get severe snow storms then the other good option is Nokian WR All-Weathers. They are the only "All-Season" tires to get the severe service emblem. You do lose a little snow traction to the Hakka but you get much better tire life and handling. I think they are rated for like 50,000 miles so you don't have to replace the tires after 2-3 season like most snow tires. I live in Denver so they are the perfect "winter" tires for me. They are $85.00 US each at my local tire shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I live in eastern Canada so yes we do get alot of snow:) . I would love to get the Nokians but the only dealer listed on the Nokian web site for my area no longer sells them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts