Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured i would deal with a few early snows before switching tires. Well on Thursday we got hit with 14 inches of wet, heavy lake effect snow in a matter of hours. Barely made it home so I am not taking any chances with more heavy snow coming next week.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I would kill to live in a snowing place! Well... I got a lot of fun vacationing in a snowing resort as Aspen, IDK how's living 24X7 hahaha I like snow definitely

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would kill to live in a snowing place! Well... I got a lot of fun vacationing in a snowing resort as Aspen, IDK how's living 24X7 hahaha I like snow definitely
Its only fun the first snow, after that the 4+ months that we get here just gets annoying. Driving to work goes from a normal 1 hour drive to 2 hours, 3 hours and sometimes longer because these idiots here dont know how to drive when it rains or snows. Vacationing in it is entirely different than living in it. Not to mention its cold lol.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you JSB. Wasn't planning on getting tires until after Thanksgiving. Now, my car is almost inoperable because my tires suck and I procrastinated [?|]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its only fun the first snow, after that the 4+ months that we get here just gets annoying. Driving to work goes from a normal 1 hour drive to 2 hours, 3 hours and sometimes longer because these idiots here dont know how to drive when it rains or snows. Vacationing in it is entirely different than living in it. Not to mention its cold lol.
Not even fun the first time.
They said 2-4" we got 14" Tonight the wind chill is 0 degrees F
There are still leaves on the trees, this is way, way too early.

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Honestly, I would rather deal with the snow and cold than California.....
Yeah, what's to like about Cali...

Let's see... nearly perfect weather year round and tons of beautiful girls. Yeah, Cali sucks...

Brian

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Yeah, and the political climate their (especially regarding vehicles) is also just super.

I'd move to Northern Canada and live in a hut before California even crossed my mind.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Imagine actually thinking this.
I really, really do.
Yeah, what's to like about Cali...

Let's see... nearly perfect weather year round and tons of beautiful girls. Yeah, Cali sucks...

Brian
But there are many political, social and economic realities to living in Cali that are a lot worse to me than a few snowflakes.
Besides, tons of beautiful girls live here to and I enjoy the change of seasons.
And we have plenty of water

Yeah, and the political climate their (especially regarding vehicles) is also just super.

I'd move to Northern Canada and live in a hut before California even crossed my mind.
This

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The political issues in Cali are not all that different than the political issues everywhere else. The two big negatives of Cali are the cost of living and traffic. If that want a problem I'd have moved there long ago.

And Cali isn't one uniform thing anyway. Get away from the coast and there's hardly a liberal in sight. In the eastern part of the state you have the mountains and very little traffic.

Too many times the folks bitching about California have never actually been there and they take there view based on there political orientation - usually right of center.

You can find liberal places in hard right states like Texas as anyone that's been to Austin knows.

Brian

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not even fun the first time.
They said 2-4" we got 14" Tonight the wind chill is 0 degrees F
There are still leaves on the trees, this is way, way too early.
Yeah I agree. we got 5" Monday and the leaves that were on the trees fell off. Luckily my truck was parked right underneath a tree and those leaves fell onto it, and froze to it. It finally melted yesterday so I drove it around just to get the leaves off.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My college buddy just got a Focus and lives in West Seneca, south of Buffalo. his car got stuck down the street and sat there a few days under the 70-80" of snow. :)

Your 14" of snow looks like it mostly melted..ground is still warm. We got an inch or two 2 nights ago and it was wet underneath - I think the ground was too warm even after all of the cold weather. We get a LOT of snow and salt here (always are near the top or win the "golden snowball" award for snowiest city).

My wife basically won't let me get a beater but if we move and get a 3rd garage or shed/barn, I will be very tempted to. If we don't move for 5 years (and therefore my car will have endured a LOT of salt), my 2013 Focus will be my year-round car, and maybe I'll get a used Mustang GT for summer.

Trying to decide which size to get - mostly likely 205x60x16. They are under 1% larger (0.5% lower speedo reading) than the OEM 17's. The 15" and 16" OEMs are another 0.5% or 1% smaller than the 17's (as per tirerack's revolutions per mile for various tires).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts