Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all does the winter tire package include? I just got it done for my 2012 HB, and I thought it included winter floor mats (4 of them)? I didnt get a single one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You are corect, you should have Front and rear rubber mats with that pkg. Get back to your dealer and have them order you a set. They probably got robbed.

·
Registered
613 Posts
What all does the winter tire package include? I just got it done for my 2012 HB, and I thought it included winter floor mats (4 of them)? I didnt get a single one.
You most likely did this already, but check in your trunk. Mine were in my trunk when I picked mine up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the mats are included, how can I convince my dealer they are supposed to be? Is there any kind of proof I can hand them?

I'll have to check my trunk, they might be in there, but the service department just told me they aren't included in the package.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Reading the "Click here for legal" over at http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/special_offers.do#vehicleIncentivesIO

The third bullet says it only comes with Winter tires, rims and tmps sensors. No mention of the the Floor matts.

Are you confusing the winter safety (tire) package with the optional:
"SEL/Titanium Winter Package

- All-weather floor mats - Heated front seats - Heated exterior mirrors with puddle lamps"?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading the "Click here for legal" over at http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/special_offers.do#vehicleIncentivesIO

The third bullet says it only comes with Winter tires, rims and tmps sensors. No mention of the the Floor matts.

Are you confusing the winter safety (tire) package with the optional:
"SEL/Titanium Winter Package

- All-weather floor mats - Heated front seats - Heated exterior mirrors with puddle lamps"?
What do the all weather floor mats look like? I did get my Titanium fully loaded, I know I have heated mirrors and puddle lamps, but my floor mats definately are no all weather (they definately arent meant to handle mud or snow).

It just seems logical that a winter tire package would also include winter floor mats. I mean what was the point in me buying the prepaid maintenance package as well if it doesnt include floor mats either. Like they said it was supposed to cover all my essentials like windshield fluid, wipers, etc etc. I guess I'm just a little frustrated that they are essentially nickle and diming me here if they cant even include $5 floor mats.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just noticed it specifies "1" tire pressure sensor... Does this mean that we only have to have one installed for the system to work? The dealers all told me I need 4...

·
Registered
28 Posts
already mentioned in here

According the the details on the Ford website when building a focus....
The winter package includes heated seats, heated mirrors, mirror lights, and the all weather floor mats.

Basically if you have heated seats, you should have the all weather mats. Ours didnt come with them either and had to pull up the website on my wifes phone to show the salesman they needed to order a set for us. We were also told they were not part of the package and they stuck to that until we proved otherwise by pulling up and showing it to them.

sounds like the winter tire package is something completely different.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What do the all weather floor mats look like? I did get my Titanium fully loaded, I know I have heated mirrors and puddle lamps, but my floor mats definately are no all weather (they definately arent meant to handle mud or snow).

It just seems logical that a winter tire package would also include winter floor mats. I mean what was the point in me buying the prepaid maintenance package as well if it doesnt include floor mats either. Like they said it was supposed to cover all my essentials like windshield fluid, wipers, etc etc. I guess I'm just a little frustrated that they are essentially nickle and diming me here if they cant even include $5 floor mats.
From the sounds of it, you're confusing many different things. The dealer should have explained to you what you purchased.

For our friends in the US, the "Winter Tire Package" is a Ford of Canada promotion that includes winter tires on rims with tire pressure monitoring sensors. It is being offered in place of a manufacturer rebate or price reduction. Some dealers are offering a credit to purchasers who want to pass on the package about a $750 credit against the purchase price of their vehicle.

The "Winter Package" on the Focus is marketed on the SE model. In Canada, it only includes heated side rearview mirrors that have turn signal indicators and front heated seats. Canadians do NOT get all weather mats when they pick the SE Winter Package! The all weather mats are only offered as Ford Accessories in Canada. Your Titanium already has heated side rearview mirrors with integrated signals and front heated seats as standard features, so there should be no distinction on that package. The "all weather mats" are standard on US SE models equipped with the "SE Winter Package". On the Canadian SE model, the front carpeted mats are standard, and rear ones are a $10 option if ordered from the factory with them. Four carpeted mats should be standard on SEL and Titanium models.

These are what the all-weather mats should look like: http://www.partscheap.com/2012-Ford-Focus-All-Weather-Vinyl-Floor-Mats-Black-p/cv6z-5413300-aa.htm - These are not $5 mats -- retail, they sell for $113 CDN at any Ford of Canada dealer.

The prepaid maintenance package is something totally different. That's only for servicing your vehicle, and has nothing to do with the winter tire package promotion currently being offered or the vehicle's option package. Its only goal is to cover the scheduled maintenance of your vehicle (oil changes, tire rotations, brakes, shocks/struts, fluids) for a specific time and mileage frame. Again, the dealer should have clearly explained everything to you and given you the pamphlet about the Ford Prepaid Maintenance Plan that outlines what's covered and conditions. There is nothing in the pamphlets or the paperwork that you should have signed on delivery that says you're entitled to any other accessories like floor mats if you took the maintenance plan.

·
Registered
251 Posts
In another thread, a poster from Calgary said he got Uniroyal Tigerpaw Ice and Snow (not sure he meant I or II). Obviously won't be the best of the best but they're better than all-seasons! I'd put a value on the package of no more than $600 unless they're alloys instead of steel wheels (in case you're trying to price options when buying a new car).

·
Registered
223 Posts
4 rims, 4 tires 4 sensors..thats it..mine are BF Goodrich winter slaloms...195/65/15..all in all a good thing to have thrown in for free with my new car...I run them with 30 psi and get Excellent traction and ride

·
Registered
200 Posts
Spent $1100 for 16" rims and snow tires for my Saturn.
Spent $1800 for 17" rims, snow tires and sensors for my Maxima.
Came up with a figure of about $900 for this set. (15" rims). Overall, means I'm not having to look for and get installed another set. I thought it was an awesome deal! Now I have to go see what i got. LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does any one know what brand and size of the winter tire do you get for the promotion ?
It depends on what the dealer puts together. I received quotes on Uniroyal, General, Hankook and Michelin.

Tire size will also depend on what the dealer puts together as well. Almost all of them are offering both a 15-inch and 16-inch option for the 2012s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts