Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 16x6 wheels i need to throw winter tires on. i am also lowered 1.5" with the FRPP kit.. Does anybody know what is the maximum tallness of tire i can go?? i want to go as high as i can for winter.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm running 205/50/16 Michelin x-ice xi2s on my 05 ST with the same suspension, and no problems. Could probably go to 55s, but haven't tried it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
im on svt suspension plus about a inch drop past that and i run 205 55 16s without any rubs

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
205 55s should be fine i would suggest 40s just incase inless you know someone with a set of 205 55s on rims you could trow on and try.
i use 185 65 15s altimax studded tires but here in ak we got a whole lot of ice so studs help.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i think (previous owner did it not sure) that I'm lowered 2" and i am rubbing 205 55 on 16s studded snow tires. but maybe I'm only lowered 1.5''....

·
Registered
455 Posts
i think (previous owner did it not sure) that I'm lowered 2" and i am rubbing 205 55 on 16s studded snow tires. but maybe I'm only lowered 1.5''....

ok i sit 3/4 of a inch lower than a zx3 stock and im lowered a full inch so you prob are at a 2 inch drop

to the op i would run 205 50s if it was me that is the stock focus 16 size

·
Registered
12 Posts
New to the forum, but am wondering if 14" x 5.5" steelies will fit on an 03 zx3, I need winter tires and will be buying seperate rims, also does anyone know where to get steel rims for cheap besides a junk yard?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
New to the forum, but am wondering if 14" x 5.5" steelies will fit on an 03 zx3, I need winter tires and will be buying seperate rims, also does anyone know where to get steel rims for cheap besides a junk yard?
They should work as long as they clear your brakes and you get a tall enough tire so it doesnt change your speedometer reading too much.

Check your local craiglist/ebay and the for sale section here http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=25 you might be able to find a decent set of alloy wheels too, just depends what you find and want. Just make sure the bolt pattern is 4x108 and the offset is 35-50 (any Focus wheel from '00-11)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts