Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still looking/thinking about a new Focus Titanium Hatchback and am trying to decide on some options.

One thing specifically I'm trying to decide between is Leather vs Cloth and also Winter Pckg vs Remote Start.

I really REALLY like the Tuscany Red interior so I think I would rather get that instead of both the Winter Pckg and Remote Start.

So I ask you, Remote Start or Winter Pckg?

Thanks in advance! [thumb]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Many people are having issues with remote start on the Titanium. What exactly are you looking for? Do you want heated seats and puddle lamps? Or would you prefer to have the car warm before you get there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I really don't know.

I don't have heated seats, or a remote start in my current vehicle so I'm used to not having either.

I kinda picture a remote start as a warm vehicle in the winter and a cool one in the summer. I have cloth seats in my current car too so I never really had super cold seats in the winter but I do know that leather seats carry more heat in the summer and more coldness in the winter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I guess I really don't know.

I don't have heated seats, or a remote start in my current vehicle so I'm used to not having either.

I kinda picture a remote start as a warm vehicle in the winter and a cool one in the summer. I have cloth seats in my current car too so I never really had super cold seats in the winter but I do know that leather seats carry more heat in the summer and more coldness in the winter.
Maybe choose the winter package for now and then talk to your dealer about remote start as it is a local dealer added option. No matter the ambient temperature if your backside and back are warm the cold doesn't feel so bad. I live in Florida now but travel around the country and could not imagine a car without heated seats. I had them in my Porsche cabriolet here in Florida for 30 degree nights with the top down and in my Acura I feel that I do not need the temp on high to be warm. Think of it like a hot tub.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
heated vs cloth vs remote start

i have the blk leather heated seats and as it's now July and was 92F today i can say they really weren't hotter than my previous focus' blk cloth seats.
im sure come winter i'll like the warm seats tho

·
Registered
788 Posts
I had the same decision when I ordered my car. I would go with the remote starter. In the extreem cold, it's better on the drivetrain to have it warmed up a little before driving and I turn on the heater to warm the interior. The leather seats are still a little chilly but warm quickly under my big ass. I had heated seats in my Fusion and they were nice on those -20 degree days, but I didn't use them all that much. The winter mats are too small and won't provide much coverage, that's why I bought a set of Husky liners. The only item I really wanted were the heated mirrors but I didn't want to pay the price for one item.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Only people in the Mob need Remote Start!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the winter package for the heated seats and side mirrors. The mats aren't that great, although I have them in right now instead of the cheapo carpet ones that came in my Focus Ti. Once I hear more feedback about aftermarket all-weather mats with more coverage, I'll be buying a set. I had a car with remote start in the past and never really used it. With the reported issues with the remote start in the Focus Ti, I definitely wouldn't get it now. The dealer can install it later if I want it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts