Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just wondering if you have any tips to help keep the car as clean as possible and combat the effects of salt and sand they put on the roads up here in the winter? Any tips on winter care?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Car can get a good wash every week, mine does. But if not then a key thing would be to at least spray under the wheel wells and rocker panels as that is where they start to rust first.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Washing is the best thing. Mudflaps will help keep the salt and sand off as well.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've only been able to wash my car once since December because the weather has been so bad :(

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
They claim spring is around the corner. And I am ready for some spring cleaning and detailing. I am close to a Mikes and a Mr. Clean carwash. but it is below freeeeeeeezing and I do not want a frozen Focus. [ohcrap]

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I promised myself I would wash my beauty once a week... Every time I wash it, the roads are either frozen or dry then mother nature says "haha sucker" and makes the roads crappy again... She's filthy by Wednesday!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
before winter gets here i usually throw a few good coats of wax on to get me through the winter, then during winter i try and take it to the self serve wash once a week to spray under the wheel wells and under the car the best i can. i dont use their soap though, it always seems to strip my wax whenever i use it. but then when spring comes i spend about a full day cleaning and treating it back to pre winter condition. but with winter the way its been who knows when spring will be here lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts