Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i just bought a fc intake and a fc tb. and i'm going to have time to install them over christmas break. but i was wondering if it was okay to install them in the winter(because i live in PA and didn't know if the salt and snow, and road grime, etc would have a negative affect on them or not) or should i wait until the spring to install? also i'm looking at getting exhaust for my car. for that should i wait until spring or is that also okay to install in the winter? thanks.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
yes its ok.. usually the things that people change out for winter is visual stuff.. like body kits, hoods and rims.. motor stuff wont really be affected at all.. just starting the car might be a bit harder.. but perfectly fine

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i wouldn't install anything at all till you can afford the xhaust system. i'd leave everything stock right now. the road salt might rust up the bolts that connect the c.a.i to the filter element on the bottom of the tubing. plus when you get in your car in the spring after you installed everything you will feel like you almost got a new car. the pick up will be so much better. thats only what i would do if i were you, its hard cause you see all these new parts and become impatient. hehehe : )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts