Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my wings west W-type kit painted and put on this week. This is how it came our, what does everyone think?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks almost like the Kaminari and the Xenon in the front.

·
Registered
27 Posts
did you get the sides too? if so can u post pics of them on?

looks good

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah I didnt get the sides, I dont really like any of the sides currently out for the focus plus the now lower front and rear skirts actually match the height of the stock sides so Ill probably just leave it alone

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I like it. I'll give it [thumb] [thumb] 's up!
I've been giving some thought into buying either the Kaminari or a lip similar to that for my car.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
nice looking lip, i've never been a fan for the front end of the stock focus though. I want the full front fascia, the avenger kit. Plus the us spec grills look ugly to me. Once i find a deal on a euro upper grill, i'm getting it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
looks good. did a good job

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have to admit, the kit looks 100x better on black versus the silver one on the WW site.

·
Registered
580 Posts
painted?

did you get them already painted, or did you paint them yourself, or did you have a shop do it?

and if you paid someone else to do it, can i ask how much?

i'm curious what a shop would charge me for painting parts (like a ground effects kit all around, or a hood or something).

thanks.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a local shop do paint them. The front lip was already painted yellow, the rear was new. With the "good brotha hook up" my cost for paint was only like $300 for both, and would have been 200 if they didnt have to sand the yellow one back down and re-prep. reasonable range would be around $300-400 for the two pieces I had, if you have a full kit, I would expect it to be close to $600 for all 4 pieces, unless its a full bumper replacement kit (such as the WW avenger kit) then I would expect it to be more because of the greater surface area. Remember, paint is expensive, and you dont want to go macco, go high quality. What you see on my kit, and what I had the shop use was DuPont paint

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
hey caleb looks good man good stuff !

i just remembered u wanted my 2k3 headlights. im sellin them now check out the buy sell trade thread

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no thanks dude, my focus is F-d right now, I cant even drive it and my project is pretty much done becuase I started making investments and Im going to be buying a home soon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts