Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its either i work from the top to the bottom or from the bottom to the top.

If i get the wing now... i will wait about another year or so and i will get 17" rims and new tires.

If i get the rims now... they will be 16" and i get to keep my 50 series pirelli tires. then get the wing in a few months....

The wing costs about $200 and the rims will cost about $400.

I will not be lowering the car because new springs (or cutting my springs) will void my warranty

·
Registered
50 Posts
If your lowering the car.. then get the rims.. Forget the wing for the time being.

Oh wait... you could gain 15 hp by adding the wing.. I dunno now thats a hard decision. :)

Seriously rims first.. they'll make the car stand out, and look better before a wing will.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
RIms first. But SAVE for the ones you want. DOn't settle on something.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
If you go for rims first and limit yourself to 16's, then i'd get the wing first and wait to get 17's later on. Cause you never know if you'll get tired of the new 16's and want bigger rims right after getting a new set making getting the 16's a bit of a waste.

Or you can just not get anything now, wait a few months (instead of a year) and get the rims then [thumb]

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if i get bigger rims then i will wait till i need new tires. So im thinking about getting nice 16" chrome rims to make my car more "stand out" ish' and wait till i need new tires... by then i can get some nice 17" or 18" Im not lowering the car though...

So im thinking about the rims first then maybe the wing later on...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Id get neither and save...just my $.02

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Which rims and which wing any chance of pics to get a better idea

·
Registered
649 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
Rims first. But SAVE for the ones you want. Don't settle on something.
I agree, If you eventually want 17" or 18" just wait until you can get them, with the tires to match. A nice set of tires goes a looooong way on our cars.
In that light, I'd get nothing for now, because wings on totally stock cars (stock rims are often a dead giveaway of stock cars) immediately reminds me of some rusty '91 Cavalier running around with a 400hp wing!

Long story short, cars look great when tastefully modded, and crappy when half-assed, so do a good job and don't be too hasty and make changes that actually make your car look worse!

Have fun!

·
Registered
120 Posts
lowering your car does not void your warranty for one.... this has been posted a million times over, unless the mod is the direct cause of the problem then it does not void the warranty... i.e if ur engine blows cause ur cars lowered your good... if ur dampers go because ur cars lowered ur on the hook for it...
on that note.. don't put a wing on for the sake of putting something on thats silly, save ur money and get what you really want...
D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts