Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the site, I have had my focus for 5 years now. Ford Focus LX 04 plate.
I have recently moved and no longer have a drive :-(.

So my focus is sat on the road side, I was curious, does this model allow you to push the wing mirrors in so they dont get hit by people who cant drive?.

I had concerns when we moved, but the last few months have been fine, up until an hour ago..... luckily i found the cover on the road before someone else drove over it....

I have tried to "gently push them" but dont want to force them if they are not ment to push in....

Any help would be fantastic.

Ian

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Hello,

New to the site, I have had my focus for 5 years now. Ford Focus LX 04 plate.
I have recently moved and no longer have a drive :-(.

So my focus is sat on the road side, I was curious, does this model allow you to push the wing mirrors in so they dont get hit by people who cant drive?.

I had concerns when we moved, but the last few months have been fine, up until an hour ago..... luckily i found the cover on the road before someone else drove over it....

I have tried to "gently push them" but dont want to force them if they are not ment to push in....

Any help would be fantastic.

Ian
Our mirrors are solid, they don't move. It's just one solid piece of molded plastic (well the cover pops off but that doesnt help)

You might be able to find an aftermarket mirror that is either smaller or does swivel in but those might not be as well made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply rambleon84, that sucks, lol. would have thought they would have thought about it in the design stage........ anyway tanks again, and your cars a fab colour :)

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
You would see the line in them where they fold if they did.
In the USA, 02-04 SVT mirrors are folding, as well as 05-07 ST sedans.
I know they put folding mirrors on more models in Europe though.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
You would see the line in them where they fold if they did.
In the USA, 02-04 SVT mirrors are folding, as well as 05-07 ST sedans.
I know they put folding mirrors on more models in Europe though.
^^ This.

You should be able to easily tell if they fold. If they are one, solid piece, they will not fold. If they have a line, they will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will put a pic up later, as there is a line (between the mirror and arm?) but it is very stiff as though it is not ment to move..) anyway thanks for the replys so far and I will get a pic up later today.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
They are hard to move. I have to hit mine pretty hard to get it to fold but it will go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts