Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The windshield wipers on my 03 SVT stop wherever they are when the switch is turned off, they don't return to the down position. Anyone have any thoughts as to what could be causing this issue?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
It sound like you have a bad relay. Try swapping the front and rear wiper relays; that's all I had to do when mine were acting up.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Under the dash. If you look in your owners manual, it will give you the numbers. I can't remember them off the top of my head.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hate to resurrect a year-old thread, but this is extremely similar to what's happening with my wipers--only in my case, it's only the "one-time" wiper function that does this. The intermittent and standard slow/fast functions work fine, but if I bump the switch down to set off a single wipe, I have to hold the switch until the wipers are back where they belong; the wipers will stop as soon as I let go of the switch.

Is this a "replace the switch" kind of fix, or is there something else at play here?

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
Wow, this is how my wipers have been since I bought mine 9 years ago. Never knew. I am soo used to it that I won't fix it unless they completely die.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So just switch the relays as suggested previously, to test the relay? Heh, I like to think it's because the car is so fast, it needs vertical windshield wipers so they don't blow off. ;)

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
So just switch the relays as suggested previously, to test the relay? Heh, I like to think it's because the car is so fast, it needs vertical windshield wipers so they don't blow off. ;)
Haha.

Yup, just swap the relays and see what happens.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
I have this issue as well on my 2002 SVT with over 104,000 miles. When I activate the windshield washer fluid the wipers don't always return home, so I have to do a single wipe, and release the stalk prior to them going home.

·
ɔᴉʇɐuɐℲ snɔo&
7,806 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts