Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just wanted to know how easy it is to switch the regular 3 mode wiper control with the 6 mode one, i didnt see a how to on it, so if someone can direct me on how to do this it would be a great help, also are there any wires involved etc?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Are you talking about the intermittent wiper? If you are, it's a 5 minute change, extremely and I mean EXTREMELY easy.

All you do is pop the top of the steering wheel cover off (there are two tabs, one on each side) and then literally lift the entire switch out of the column, the whole wiper arm is one complete unit, it's like LEGO). Completely a plug and play type install. There is no wiring to mess with, the unit has openings that plug into tabs in the column. All you need is the intermittent wiper arm and your good to go.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
^^^ Nothing to mess up, if you can play with Legos you can do the wiper swap!

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
i did mine in the parking lot of the junk yard i go to. the guy said i could just have the switch so i took it and with nothing but a quarter (yeah a quarter) i replaced the wiper switch

·
Registered
113 Posts
Easy and well worth it.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good to know, does anyone know if i can install the radio mounted controls from a svt focus onto my car and have them work with the 6disc cd changer?

·
Registered
69 Posts
mvhudson said:
^^^ Nothing to mess up, if you can play with Legos you can do the wiper swap!
Ack, it is easy .... but there are different ones.

I just did this 1 minute swap but noticed my stock one controls the rear wiper, the intermittant one I got apparently doesn't [?|]

Is there an intermittant that also does the rear wiper?

My stock, non intermittant pulls/clicks towards me, the intermittant doesn't [???:)] [???:)] ??

ideas? stock numbers? does anyone have a rear wiper & intermittant slide control?

·
Registered
69 Posts
jaimz22 said:
yes there is, if you got it from a junk yard go get one off a hatch back instead of a sedan! if you bought one ask if you can exchange it
excellent, tyvm!

This one was left over from my last focus (yup, a sedan)
OK, this intermittant is about to go up for sale then [:)]

any takers pm me best offer~

anyone have a hatchback one for sale?? LOL

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
??? did you try to twist the end to adjust the speed of the wipers??? NO you don't need any fuse or anything. Did you buy this new or used? Maybe broken?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
I doubt this is an issue but I thought I would ask......

There are two different models (that I know of) for the intermittent wiper, one for hatches/wagons with the back wiper and ones for sedans.

What model focus do you have?

·
Registered
800 Posts
i switched out mine with an svt both 03's mine is a zx3 and it took me 20 seconds and it works great apparently everything off of a svt is compatable with my zx3!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts