Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Focus ZX3. Had the left front tire come apart. Lost the washer pump, wire connector and some of the hose during the ensuing carnage. Bought a replacement pump and installed it today. Now only the rear window gets washed no matter how I connect the wires. Is there an electric valve or something that directs the flow? A schematic of the hoses and wires would be a great help if anyone has one. I am at a loss on this. Please help!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
How was it hooked up?

And did you get a pump made for the double outlet?

I'll move this repair question to General Tech Chat

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
It's a Ford replacement part, right? The washer motor electrical connector should only fit on one way. The polarity reversal to get the pump to spray at the front or back is done at the column switch.
Therefore a simple test would be to operate the switch in either direction and listen for the pump noise; if the pump works in either direction but no fluid comes out in only one direction it's a plumbing issue, as suggested. If the pump only works in one direction, it's an electrical issue, possibly a faulty pump. You can bench test the pump by supplying 12V and a ground and reversing the connections with a couple of jumper wires.
If you've already done that with the pump wired up in the car, I'd say you have a faulty pump or the switch has decided to fail at the exact same moment the pump stopped working.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'm still wondering if the right pump was installed.

Generic unit for front washers only (single inlet & outlet) wouldn't do the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts