Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
No, I'm using a "large" one from Walmart and it's not long enough to be held back by the visors or the rearview mirror although it is wide enough to spread across the whole windshield. I may be looking into a different one soon just have to find out where.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've ordered one from partscheap.com. I am waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh sorry, it is custom fit...I'll try to take a pic and set it up on here when I get it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the one from PartsCheap, and its perfect. Fits exactly, and very sturdy. Could not be happier!

·
Registered
73 Posts
could I see a pic of what you guys are talking about? this sounds cool. i've got a tinted strip at the top of my windshield, thats not what you mean though, is it?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I cut a piece of Reflectix aluminum lined thin membrane material for a custom shade. Blocks all the heat. Works great on all my cars. Best yet, 4 foot by 24 feet costs around 44 dollars at Menards. Can do a family fleet with the stuff.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have jumbo sized sunshade from Wal-mart works fine....its almost a perfect fir but its not long enough to fit right all the time you have to play with it for it to stay without falling...but i figured out a way to stop it from falling i stick it under the spot where the rear view mirror attaches to the windshield. I think its great for $8

·
Registered
788 Posts
I have jumbo sized sunshade from Wal-mart works fine....its almost a perfect fir but its not long enough to fit right all the time you have to play with it for it to stay without falling...but i figured out a way to stop it from falling i stick it under the spot where the rear view mirror attaches to the windshield. I think its great for $8
Are you putting down the visors to hold it up?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you putting down the visors to hold it up?
No...i think my comment was a little confusing on how i had it setup....but i dont use the visors its not long enough...i stick the tips of them under where the rear view mirror is attached to the windshield i will post some pictures tmrw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a couple from HeatShield and have liked their product. One I bought for a 2009 CRV and it has held up well. They're not exactly cheap but you can get them off Amazon and pay less shipping than getting them direct. My only complaint with the focus version is the windshield seems to be much longer than others so manipulating the shield in the car is more difficult than the softer alternatives. It also must be rolled closed (that's at least how it came so I keep it that way).

·
Registered
781 Posts
i paid $5 for one from a local hardware store. it's wide enough but not long enough to get all the way down. stays in place with the visors down. reflects the sun right back out.

may not be a "perfect" fit but it was a great price.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have a couple from HeatShield and have liked their product. One I bought for a 2009 CRV and it has held up well. They're not exactly cheap but you can get them off Amazon and pay less shipping than getting them direct. My only complaint with the focus version is the windshield seems to be much longer than others so manipulating the shield in the car is more difficult than the softer alternatives. It also must be rolled closed (that's at least how it came so I keep it that way).
I have one from HeatShield as well. Very nice product. They have them for the Focus with and without the rain sensor. Great company and GREAT customer service! Highly recommended!

·
Registered
86 Posts
well heres the pictures

and this picture shows where i keep it in place like i was saying before its part of the rear view mirror that attaches to the windshield and i stick the shades under it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I recently bought a Heatshield for my Hyundai, windshield is large just like Focus and the dollar store sunshade just didn't work. Cost about $35 on ebay but works great and well made.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts