Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it is a general discussion topic so, i just wanna advice regarding a replacement or repair of my windshield and replacement of the head light glass. i met with an small accident in salt lake city, and due to some cracks on windshield it is not possible to drive my car anymore.its a nissan altima 2013. I was just wandering for a glass replacement guys and then I came across from a "Utah mobile auto glass". actually they guys are providing replacement of my glass and headlight repair on my insurance claim, please give some idea about this . i am a bit confused. please provide me some valuable advices. i don't want to spend more on it !

·
Registered
17,433 Posts
'i don't want to spend more on it !'

They all say that.

You're not spending more anyway, you said insurance claim, you're out the deductible and the end of the story.

Unless doing the work yourself you are going to spend at least a certain amount there, you replace those parts not repair them. Next step is getting your own local shop info on who does it cheapest. Afraid it's all up to you pal.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yeah, you'll learn that repair of windshield glass is limited to small chips/cracks/"bulls eye" stone damage. Cracking that would make it "undrivable" from a practical or legal standpoint is WELL beyond repair!

I won't say replacement of headlight plastic is impossible, but I haven't happened to see that done before either (lenses not avail. & labor would be high). Replacement is the normal "repair" when broken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts