Focus Fanatics Forum banner

windshield gasket coming out - any TSB's??

762 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  spydee 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I'm new here and own two Foci - both are 2006 ZX4's: one's an SE stick, and the other is an SES auto. I am a Ford fan through and through and usually drive a big Ford truck or car, but these gas prices are killing me so we went out and bought 2 new Foci to get through this latest gas crunch... anyway...

Both cars are about four months old, and starting last week on both of my Foci the rubber seal comes out of the top of the windshield. I am able to pop it back in, but I know it is not supposed to be coming out while driving. Does anyone know of a TSB on this or have any experiences with this happening?? Any help would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Hey spydee - thanks for the reply...

Please let me know how you made out. Both cars are going in to the Ford dealer Monday (looks like I'll be driving my '03 E-250 and copcargirl will be driving the '01 F-250 Powerstroke, and paying so much for fuel in the meantime)... When I made the appointment the dealer kinda made it seem like I did something to make this happen, and I wanted to be "armed and ready" with the knowledge that this is happening to more than my two Foci. Thanks again for the reply - it is appreciated!

BTW - click here for some pics of my Foci: http://community.webshots.com/user/copcarguy/1

#4 ·
copcarguy said:
Hey spydee - thanks for the reply...

Please let me know how you made out. Both cars are going in to the Ford dealer Monday (looks like I'll be driving my '03 E-250 and copcargirl will be driving the '01 F-250 Powerstroke, and paying so much for fuel in the meantime)... When I made the appointment the dealer kinda made it seem like I did something to make this happen, and I wanted to be "armed and ready" with the knowledge that this is happening to more than my two Foci. Thanks again for the reply - it is appreciated!

Any luck at the dealer copcarguy?? My car is in today for them to look at. They werent sure what the problem was. Said they might have to get a glass guy in and pull the whole windshield out. What did they do with your cars??

Seems like my car has been at Ford every day this week! It was in yesterday to get a rear bumper cover support replaced.. Somehow it cracked in half and the whole passenger side of the bumper was loose. Today its in for the windshield, and tomorrow it goes in for its 20000km service

#5 ·
Hey spydee...

I dropped both cars off Monday morning, and got them back tonight. The dealer basically just had a "glass guy" come in (just like your dealer said) and take out the windshields and re-do everything. On my Sonic Blue SE, all went well. On my Liquid Grey SES, the windshield exploded when they tried to take it out. So that one has new everything. I even got a free interior detail / cleaning because they had to vacuum all the glass out. [;)] [:p]

I hope you make out okay too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.