Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What situation would you need cold dry air to clear the windows?

AFAIK, the a/c is designed to run with cold air in the summer (to cool the interior), and hot air in the winter to clear the windows and heat the interior
Cool or rainy weather with nasty high humidity, especially so with a passenger being alive and breathing in the car. Cold and humid doesn't happen too much in Canada I guess, lol.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, Rockafella, what'd you figure out about your stereo going out? I pulled the bezel off to replace the broken cable assembly for my vent selector, and have had the same thing happen twice - for no rhyme or reason, just no radio, no clock, no nothing. Then it just works one of the next couple of times I start it. There must be some connector getting pulled loose by any one of the gazillion cables behind the hvac and stereo area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The only thing I can think of that's been consistant, was the fuse that I swapped out. Actually, when I pulled the fuse for the deck (a 20 amp fuse) I lost it. The only thing I had available was the 15 amp fuse I pulled from the DRL's. I put that in it's place and strangely enough, the radio sparked up and hasn't quit running since!

This is very strange since the radio fuse i pulled out, looked perfectly fine. maybe a hairline crack I didn't see?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry, but 05-07?

Sorry to re-start this up after it's been dormant for a bit, but does this trick work on the 05-07 models? I know that the wiring behind the climate controls looks a tad different than the wiring in the picture shown.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks!

Thank you for the how-to, I just did it to my car using this thread and was finally able to turn the defrost on without it feeling like im stealing power from the motor!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
problem with back defroster

hey guys this is my second post here ?
sooo i got a problem my back defroster wont turn on it worked perfectly to one day when i try on button to pres it it clicks just and the light just blink and hear the sound tk tk ? and it wont turn on

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your windshield fogs or frost on the inside the AC coming on removes this moisture and clears your windows faster. Having old cars with bad seals, convertibles, or even just previous days rain or snow on the floor mats from your feet this dry air clears out the moisture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ty for your answering and talk about this but one guy helped me from YT he had the same thing it was a fuse but not the fuse for windshield i think it was 49 fuze 7.5 the fuse its drawed a book and a sign after changing this it works perfectly

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hate the engine bogging during defrost, and my AC is long dead. DId this today.
I just needed to remove the radio, and the connector is visible through a slot below. Push the connector latch down, then push the connector back to detach. Did not need the 7mm socket that I bought.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts