Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one thing that pisses me off more than rattling interior pieces is fogged up windows. They fog up when it's not even that cold out. What can I do to prevent this.. it's on the inside of the windows.

·
Registered
649 Posts
my defroster works reasonably well [thumb]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
yeah today when its nasty cold and rainy out i noticed the windows fogged up really bad... i might have to pick up some of this anti fog stuff...

·
Registered
733 Posts
one thing you could do is stop doing the dirty deed in the car with the windows up crack them a little to give you circulation!!!!

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
The main thing is that the windows have to be super clean. Any residue on the glass and they fog up a lot quicker than it seems they should. Mine get coated about every 2 months with grime just from the open vents. Beyond that, crack your windows to let moisture out now and then... fog has as much to do with moisture balance as it does outside temp.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah keep those windows clean, turn on the a/c or use Fog-X because it does work very well!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
They hit the nail on the head. Keep your windows clean and use defroster if you have to. The rain-x anti fog didn't work that great for me. I found that simply keeping them clean worked better.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I just washed/waxed my car (first time in a WHILE), so I wiped the windows down throughly.. hopefully they will not fog up as bad in the winter.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Definitely clean them. I don't know what was on my windows, but a thorough cleaning really helped the fog situation.

But just to rule out a heater core leak... you don't smell coolant, do you? Smells like maple syrup?

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
The fogging problem is waayyyy worse down here in the south where the humidity reaches 100% pretty much every day. The more moisture you have in the air, the more likely your windows are going to be fogging up. If the air is cooler in your car than the outside, you won't have a problem. But seeing as I HATE running my AC, I get alot of fogging because I roll with the windows down.

If you run your AC every now and again, you shouldn't have a problem. If you don't feel like running the AC, I would just listen to everyone else.

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
Just don't breathe so hard? Maybe? I don't know.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
I have to laugh, because the fogging problem is very true on the Focus. It happened in the old ZX3 I owned, and it's happening again with this newer one. Thankfully the defogger in this newer one is working a lot better. The only problem is it's freakin' cooooold! But then again which would you rather choose: freeze to death in your own car, or kiss a telephone pole you didn't see while doing 40? Heheh.

Puro Latino, TMI but still very true. LOL! So as everyone in the universe has pretty much said, keep the inside of your windows clean and your fogging problem will be greatly reduced. :p

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Set the temp dial to full hot when using the defroster. It's not as hot as it normally is, but it keeps you from getting frostbite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts