Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice their Washer Fluid missing after refills? I'm not sure where mine is going, but it's not staying in the reservoir. Checked the engine bay for signs of leaking, none noticable. Looked under the car for signs of drip, (although I doubt Washer Fluid would leave a stain), and nothing there. . .hmmm. . .Anyone else encountered this? I've filled it twice now and both times the reservoir is empty within a day or so, but it's not gone immediately after filling. . .

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
this is really odd, but once i had a problem with a vacuum hose that came off my intake manifold and it made my engine jerk all around all crazy and stuff (my rear motor mout was disconnected... don't ask) so then i plugged the hose back in and went on my way. i filled up my window wash just 10 minutes later and i was driving down the road went to sqirt the wind shield and nothing happened.. i was like WTF!?

so i kept going thinking maybe the lines were empty. still nothing! so i sqirted the hatch (thats funny sounding.. sqirting the hatch.. anyway) the washer fluid sprayed out on to the back window, but still wouldn't on the front

so i pulled over in on a side road and drove real slow while spraying.. then got out and looked and wouldn't you know it.. i had a solid stream of window wash going down the road where i was spraying. well it was dark so i manually cleaned my window and figured i'd fix it in the morning.

i woke up went out side to fix the problem and some how maraculously the problem dissapeared on it's own over night!? it just worked perfectly fine and i never did anything to it! and still to this day i've never touched it and it's perfectly fine LMAO

i knwo that doesn't help but it's an odd on topic story

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mine never stays topped off. The cap that for decided to put on the washer tank is a lame design that doesnt create any type of seal. If I fill mine all they way up it leaks out of the cap while driving, and I can tell, cause my car is white, and there is washer fluid dye all over that one side of my engine bay.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FULLBLOWN, that makes sense. I noticed the back of the lid on the reservoir doens't fit tightly, but for ALL of it to drain out there, would mean I'm putting down roughly 600ft/lbs torque at the wheels. I think I only put down 555ft/lbs, so that can't be it. haha.

I figured I was going to have to remove the inner fender liner, that's a job for home, not the parking lot here. Ah well, I'll just slalom the bugs till then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts