Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got 3 maintenance items and I'm hoping for a little advice. I have a 2013 hatchback (Nov 2012 build date) with 49K miles.

1. The driver side window trim started coming off in 2013 and I got the dealer (Serramonte Ford SF Bay Area) to fix it under warranty. I've had to go back to them 2 more times. The last time the whole thing started flying off on the highway. I think they've just been gluing back on. Is there a proper way that I should insist on?

2. I have a very small engine leak, maybe 1-2 drops per week. It looks like it's coming from where the 2 parts of the engine come together (main seal?). The guy at the quick lube showed it to me. The car drives great and there is no indication that it's getting worse. Should I worry about it? I'm concerned that getting it "fixed" is going to lead to more problems.

3. The car has none of the Latch recall symptoms but I do travel with 2 young kids in the back. I'd like to get the doors fixed but once again I'm worried about the quality of the repairs.

Would appreciate any input, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
As far as the trim I'd take it back and try again with the dealer, the leak I would be more worried at what kind of oil is leaking that's a big job to fix. The recall I just had it done I wouldn't take any chances my dealer did it in about 2.5 hours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts