Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm calling some places to get my window's tinted tommorow. I drive a Sedan. A couple questions about this:

1. What is a good price for labor and tint?

2. What should I ask on the phone or look for at the shop?

3. If the state law is 32% do you think they will go below?

Of course add anything that you think I need to know :) Thanx for any replies! And if you have any pictures with a silver focus and list your % plz thanx!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have a sedan. When I got my windows tinted I paid the shope $110 dollars for side windows and backwindow. It was an extra $20 for a windshield strip which I opted not to buy.

It was from a good shop and I have had it almost a year with no chips or fade of any kind.

The state law here is 35%. I have 20% all around. The shop will always go as low as you want but you will have to sign a waiver that the shop is not responsible for any tickets or legal matters because of the tint.

Thats all I can think of...hope it helps

Dan

·
Registered
563 Posts
Figure a GOOD shop will charge you around $199 for a sedan. That is all four doors, the back window, and the quarter glass.

Just make sure they offer a lifetime warranty against fading, peeling, and cracking. Find a shop that will one piece tint the rear window. The sedan rear isn't too hard of a shrink, so most places should be able to. That is really all you need to worry about.

Most places go below, some won't.

There may be very small bubbles and smears in your tint for the first week or so. That is just the soapy water and will evaporate, so don't freak out about it. If you still have bubbles after about 10 days, then ask them to fix it, as it is probably dirt.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Like stated above, just shop around, look through the phone book
and get price quotes and then make your move.

Of course you can do it yourself and save some money and
have a shop do the back glass if it becomes to difficult.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i paid 199 at a place right by my house so it was worth it. 20% looks real cool at night

·
Registered
545 Posts
yay pittsburgh!!!!

Where did you get it done, i went to total image in robinson, i did 35% cause i'm scared of the law. they said in PA they have never gotten pulled over for a 35% tint, and it still looks $$. Whenever i get/steal a camera i will post some pics of my new look

·
Jetsetter
6,648 Posts
wow i paid $250 for 35% all the way around with a life time warenty but its a different tint so without would have been $189 with the normal tini, but it looks great up close it gives a more or less a refelection and doesent look like cheap ricer crap

·
Registered
583 Posts
i want to get my rear windows retinted. i supposedly have 5% but i can still see inside my car. i see other cars and they look all good and dark. is it possible to tint over my exisiting tint to make it darker? would tinting over my rear defroster window cause any problems or would taking the tint off and tinting it over be such a problem breaking the lines? help...[xx(]

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can tint over existing tint, I had an ex-coworker that got 20% and then 5% ontop of that. Looks real good. Tinting over defroster lines causes 0 problems.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
magicleo2120 said:
i want to get my rear windows retinted. i supposedly have 5% but i can still see inside my car. i see other cars and they look all good and dark. is it possible to tint over my exisiting tint to make it darker? would tinting over my rear defroster window cause any problems or would taking the tint off and tinting it over be such a problem breaking the lines? help...[xx(]
It's because you have 50% tint in the front (according to your sig). Why not get 20%? Check out my gallery for pics..

---Randy

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all of the replies, does anybody have good pics of what a silver 35% focus looks like? What are the chances of a cop giving u a ticket for having under 35% in a state where u can have open headers on the road and they wont care?

·
Registered
407 Posts
i got my windows tinted yesterday.......50 dollars with my discount from frank parra :-D

front doors - 30 %
back doors - 15 %
back window - 20 %

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all of the replies, does anybody have good pics of what a silver 35% focus looks like? What are the chances of a cop giving u a ticket for having under 35% in a state where u can have open headers on the road and they wont care?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Giving you a ticket for window tint is one of those insult to injury-type citations. If they pull you over for speeding or something like that, and/or if the po-po is in a bad mood, they'll write you a ticket for it.

I had 12% all the way around my ZX3 (save the windshield), paid $160 for it, and I never once got hassled about my tint. Here in Nebraska, the legal amount is 35% front and 20% rear (if memory serves).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts