Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my windows tinted like when i got my car, it bugs me to thhis day that around the side windows of my zx3 you can see the doots from the window! how do i get rid of this?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I don't think there is any method right now that will help too much. If you get it done professional it doesn't look to bad at all. With mine you have to get up real close to see the dots.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
will the dots gome off if you scrape them with a razor blade BEFORE tinting? (They seem to be on the glass surface...not embedded) If so.. Maybe I'll do that before I get mine tinted.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had mine tinted 2 weeks ago. The shop I went to said that if mine still had the dots visible after 3 weeks to come back and they will do it over.

·
Registered
317 Posts
catmomma said:
I had mine tinted 2 weeks ago. The shop I went to said that if mine still had the dots visible after 3 weeks to come back and they will do it over.
Yea, most professional places now offer a lifetime warranty, and if your not satisfied, just like this one particular reason, the bubbles, then they are required to do it to your satisfaction. Of course they will only do it within reason as well. If you have maybe two small bubbles that aren't that noticeable unless you nick picked it to death, then they aren't going to replace it. Some places will require a certain percentage of each window to be messed up before they will redo it. Bottom line, it really depends on where you go to get the tint done. My question is, did you do it yourself or was it done professionally, or did the dealer have it done? If you had it done by a tint shop or the dealer, both you could complain until they replaced it, that is if it's bad enough to for them to consider it. It might be bad to you or might drive you crazy, but might not be bad enough for them.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
These dots you are referring to are used extensively by many glass manufacturers and are actually teflon...so tint won't stick to them. If you want to get rid of them, you need to carefully press the tint down from the day you get it tinted until it dries. On hot summer days, this may take only 2-3 days. In the coldest of winter, maybe 7. I've found on my cars (and I have all of mine tinted, and my fiancee's 2 cars), pressing the tint down with your finger once a day will fix. You will start to notice it drying and sticking more every day. If you wait until it dries though, good luck.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I got mine tinted and the guy that done it told me that after a week to go around (where the dots were) to press it down. Looks fine to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts