Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
The day we went and looked at the car

About a month later. Got 20% (15% on the rear and sunroof) since it's a nice compromise between keeping out heat and prying eyes out but still able to see out at night.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Before

After (lighting was a little different in this one)

20% on all 7 windows. 5% strip 6" thick across top of windshield. Sunroof untouched.

·
Registered
172 Posts
tint

35 front 30 on the rest and the roof is pitch black not sure on the % thats the way I got it.

Love everything about em, not to dark at night and you can see my profile during the day but its still hard to see inside giving cops no reason to bother me. In ny i was told to take my plate tints off thats about it....

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
In MD our legal limit is 35% which is way too light IMO so I went with 20% all around except windshield of course and I love it. I have been pulled over 3 times in this car and never once was anything said about the tint, or was a gun ever pulled on me during approach. Depending on what angle the sun is hitting it I sometimes wish it were a little bit darker, but then again that could cause more issues with police. I love how it dampens headlights behind me in the dark. The only issues I have with it being too dark are when I'm trying to park on a curb in the dark but rolling down the window is the simple solution. So in my opinion 20% or 15% are the perfect compromise for everything, and I drive my car everyday between 100-200 miles from the country to the city

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Completely OT, but are those factory stock painted side skirts, or something else?
Zetec S kit ordered from Village Ford and painted to match the wheels.

·
Registered
710 Posts
In MD our legal limit is 35% which is way too light IMO so I went with 20% all around except windshield of course and I love it. I have been pulled over 3 times in this car and never once was anything said about the tint, or was a gun ever pulled on me during approach. Depending on what angle the sun is hitting it I sometimes wish it were a little bit darker, but then again that could cause more issues with police. I love how it dampens headlights behind me in the dark. The only issues I have with it being too dark are when I'm trying to park on a curb in the dark but rolling down the window is the simple solution. So in my opinion 20% or 15% are the perfect compromise for everything, and I drive my car everyday between 100-200 miles from the country to the city
when stopped with dark tint , I think its a good idea to open all the windows before the officer approaches the car

·
Registered
126 Posts
when stopped with dark tint , I think its a good idea to open all the windows before the officer approaches the car
I usually have at least the drivers window down already, but one of those times the officer approached as I was digging in my glove box for the registration so I did not have a chance to. I was happy that speeding was the only thing he got me for that day for I could have gotten popped for at least 3 other things. But I digress, that stop was a good test of how much attention is drawn by 20% tint.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts