Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of tint brand people seem to prefer. I am looking to get my 09 focus tinted but the prices are ranging anywhere from $130 to $250. When I was getting quoted on the cost for the tint it kind of seemed like he was just trying to get me to spend more money but then he mentioned that some tints are made with ink and some are made with carbon but I really don't know how big of a difference that really makes. I don't mind paying the extra money if it's really worth it. Any advice on brands?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i know around here you can get a nice tint done for under 200 for almost and kinda shade in black or deep purples. I myself am looking for some quality colored tint, not that auto zone shiiitake!

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
my tint cost me $200 with my discount. i work for a dealership that uses a palce down the street from us. normally it would have been closer to $250 for the better tint i got that wont turn purple over time and protects against uv rays. when it comes to tint, you get what you pay for. i got a good warranty and its been 3 years now and it still looks good

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in VA so I can't do any crazy colors or else I would so it will just be standard tint. I just can't decide.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my tint cost me $200 with my discount. i work for a dealership that uses a palce down the street from us. normally it would have been closer to $250 for the better tint i got that wont turn purple over time and protects against uv rays. when it comes to tint, you get what you pay for. i got a good warranty and its been 3 years now and it still looks good
So what would you classify as "better" tint?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My tint on my '09 cost me $130. 35% (medium) all way around. The tint shop I go to tints all the local PD's private car and their tints are guaranteed for as long as you own the car.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
The place i went to uses Llumar Tint. Go to palces that use QUALITY tint films. The really shitty tints tend to fade.

I got my car done in 30% for 185. The guy i took it to cut it so close to the edge it seems to be part of the glass.

Just shop around, if you go illegal dont attract attention.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Mine was $280 for the windshield (50%) and all 5 windows (40%) Guy did an awesome job, quality film and darn close to the edge of the glass. After he was done he had me check out the car and I told him I was thinking of debadging and removing the keyless entry pad. He went to get his heat gun and took like 20 mins to help me do all that.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I payed around 180 the first time than i had to have my front re done legal 2 years later... Now that i know the tint guy since i work at a dealership he comes to and does work at all the time i get a car done for 120ish and it has a 5 year replacment warr.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
i payed 130 for Llumer with a lifetime warranty-- i swear that the edge of the tint and the glass are this far apart (--) thats it --by the way my tint is 20% on the front two windows and 5% on the back ....... i have a Zx3

good luck

·
Registered
759 Posts
from my experience one made with ink can fade over time, i went with some good stuff and my rear tint(s) are some sort of carbon fiber micro weave stuff not wure what brand. the guy that did my car told me about it didn't charge me any extra for it. i paid $200 for him to come to my place and tint my car right there where it sat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts