Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the fuses, for both Rear and Front Windows. I have a ZX3 so it only has fronts, but I just figured I'd check in case. Both fuses are intact and happy.

Nothing else appears malfunctioning, both doors' lock switches work, as does my sunroof power switch. But both sides windows do not. The driver's side may have gotten wet because oen day I was getting in during a downpour (totally insane rain volume) but that was only the driver's side, and I did wipe off the door panel, in case it woulda made a difference.

So, are there any other "easy" diagnoses I could make, or should I take it into the dealer? I've got til the end of July/another 5k miles before my warranty's up so it's still a viable option, but if there's an easy solution I'll look into it first before making an appointment?

Also, on an unrelated note, I finally did my foglight mod this afternoon, successfully! Although at first I put the spades in R12, which made my fogs never work, and my headlights stay on even without the key in (if you were wondering)! Oops.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Please don't take this comment as an insulting question, but I myself sometimes miss the obvious. Are you sure the window lock/disable slider switch hasn't accidentally gotten pushed to the disable position? If not, I would check the drivers side switch assembly and see if there is a problem with the connectors to the window disable switch.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Maybe not, I've got four doors and perhaps the door lock disable is only on four door models. I figured it was on all of them, as it is mainly so a child cannot play with the window, and that would be an issue with a child in the front passenger seat as well. But perhaps they figure on a two door model you can grab the kid?

Since it's under warranty, it's probably best to just take it to the dealer. That ensures that if the problem returns, there is a formal computer record of the "repair."

P.S. I just checked the Owner's Manual and yes, you are correct and I am mistaken, the power window lockout appears to only be on vehicles with rear windows.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
penguin said:
P.S. I just checked the Owner's Manual and yes, you are correct and I am mistaken, the power window lockout appears to only be on vehicles with rear windows.
Ah ok then, thanks for checking. I figured as much, but boy that'd be an easy fix if it was the case! I hate showing up someplace and being like "can you fix this?" and then it's something [duh] like that. But I guess in this case I'll just contact the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts