Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it always happens... you take your car to get detailed. mostly cause you have kids that suck up any and all free time you have. so you pay your 100 dollar bill and that night you feel like crusin just cause you feel good about the deal you got. when the sun goes down, you realise you can't see cause of all those nasty streaks from what ever window cleaner they used. then the hole night just goes to the dogs, cause now you get to spend all next morning getting rid of them there streaks. the ones you payed 100 bucks for. this is why i invented a method called wet and dry... i use dish soap to get grime off, then using aged white terry cloth, never use new ones cause they don't absourb well. then you just play a game called karatte kid 1, wipe wet terry cloth then using aged terry cloth to wipe dry. over time the streaks will appear but in my cars, it takes like 2 months. then i feel like cleaning them again. i havn't wasted money on a detail since. my wife still to this day spends a ton of money on different glass cleaners, just because she is determined to find something on the market that can do a better job than my method. i think she is on her 30 something product... she's still looking

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I am a professional detailer and if a customer came to me with a concern like this I would take care of it at no charge and give a discount on their next detail. If I were you I would let them know and see if they take care of you.

·
Registered
561 Posts
a

if they know what there doing no streaks should come out.. the hardest window though is the windshield

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
I never get streaks with Invisible Glass.....but I'm a damn good detailer. lol, I had to be, I worked for an Acura/Cadillac/Jag dealer during highschool..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts