Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know many people have had trouble with the regulators breaking and the dealership wants 218 bucks for a new on. Well I looked online and order one from fordparts.com. They had it for like 65 bucks. They emailed me back saying that ford updated parts and prices and sent me a link for a new one and of course it was 140 bucks. Yea whatever. So then I went to oemfordparts.com and ordered this one [Link] they shipped it and everything but now im wondering if this will actually fit my car because of what hte other place said.

Anyone have any experience ordering from these places? If not ill let everyone know when I recieve the part.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
"They emailed me back saying that ford updated parts and prices"

Well, the $140 one might be updated so that it doesn't break. The one you ordered might be the old design, at the old price. If this is true (I'm only guessing, as it is unusual for a parts price to be off by that much), it might still be a good deal, since even the old design part might last the life of your car, e.g., another five years.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the one listed on fordparts.com is for manual windows, I had the same issue. They e-mail you after you plug in your vin to let you know the part wont work for your car. So if you have power windows, the 140.00 dollar one is the one you needed.

It looks like the other site is done similarly...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did enter my VIN number for the other site when I ordered but I also entered it into the new site. So I dont know hopefully it will turn out the one that I need. I will let you guys know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts