Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a manual door crank window powered windows is there an open kit I can do so I want to do locks and keyless entry but I want one is there a way to convert it

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have a manual door crank window powered windows is there an open kit I can do so I want to do locks and keyless entry but I want one is there a way to convert it
What year is the car? Power windows and power locks is fine but to get a fob that works is gonna be pricey.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 05 Ford Focus zx3
What year is the car? Power windows and power locks is fine but to get a fob that works is gonna be pricey.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
i have the 05 focus zx3 I want to make it a nice reliable fast car and I’m looking for powered windows cause it is a bitch to roll them up while getting on the on ramp. And that’s okay with me I’m looking to do the windows first then worry about keyless entry and stuff like that but I’m looking for a factory kit possibly do you know if ford sells them?

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
I did only one corner (driver) on my wagon as I am lazy and had a rebuilt regulator laying around. I used double switches (one up and one down) and wired the relays myself to avoid using OEM stuff, there are 8 wires needed to work the window up and down.

Ford sells nothing like that, OEM pieces only and any kits use some pretty crap components sometimes.

That one I did has been working for years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did only one corner (driver) on my wagon as I am lazy and had a rebuilt regulator laying around. I used double switches (one up and one down) and wired the relays myself to avoid using OEM stuff, there are 8 wires needed to work the window up and down.

Ford sells nothing like that, OEM pieces only and any kits use some pretty crap components sometimes.

That one I did has been working for years.
Hell yea, where did you get the regulator lol I don’t have one laying around unfortunately lol

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
You simply use the one for electric windows, they are almost the same. They easily interchange. My other Focus is electric windows and I've rebuilt several on it and had a backup spare. Those regulators are crap parts, I can make them last 3X as long as Ford does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got lucky and found a barely running 2007 zx5 for $500 when I was looking for a hood, fender and front bumper parts for my kid's 2005 zx4, same color and everything. It happened to have power locks/windows so I swapped the doors, harvested out the additional wires from the harness and swapped the gem module that was programmed to the fob...worked out great. Sold the manual doors and the rest of the parts from the '07 and made about $200 profit.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
X2. About the only way to pull that off economically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts